Hey all,
I have to apologize for last nights report. I got stressed and wrote without thinking.
I do not want to penalize those who are consistently on time to mic check and I don't want to create a negative environment.
So... if you will allow me a do over I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Here is what I propose.
I will create a mic checklist so that the sound peeps can be assured that they check everyone (the reasoning behind having everyone on stage)
That way the five that are there right at 6:35 can be checked and not wait, and those that need an extra minute or so can get on stage and get checked.
We will have mic check from 6:35 to 6:40, please try to get there before 6:40, and the sound peeps and I will make SURE that we start promptly at 6:35. Thus ensuring that we get vocal and physical warm ups done with enough time to give the people who need the stage before house opens their fair share of time.
Please know that I think you are a marvelous group of people without whom this WONDERFUL show would not be possible. But please also know that a lot needs to occur before house opens and that is my job to make sure that all of it does occur so that we can let our audience in on time. That is why it seems as if I am a nag. Stage Management is not always the most popular of jobs, but it is a job I love and take a lot of pride in, and getting to Stage Manage this show is definitely worth the time and effort, and I hope you all are having as much fun, and are as proud of this show as I am.
See you tonight! (with t-shirts!)
Jessie
No comments:
Post a Comment